Support Inclusion in Tech is dedicated to increasing the representation of underrepresented WordCamp speakers. This initiative is dedicated to fostering greater diversity, equity and inclusion within the WordPress community by supporting speakers who aspire to contribute to WordPress programming but face financial limitations.
Support Inclusion in Tech pairs speakers with partner companies referred to as sponsors who generously cover their travel and lodging costs or both by means of reimbursement of their expenses. This initiative provides speakers with:
- Financial support for travel and accommodation costs up to a predetermined amount
- Networking opportunities
- Mentorship opportunities or guidance
Also, Support Inclusion in Tech initiative offers sponsors various ways to demonstrate their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including:
- Testimonials of their impact
- Displaying the “Support Inclusion in Tech” logo on their website or for social proof
- Social media mentions
- Opportunities to engage with speakers
- Provision of an annual report detailing initiative accomplishments
We believe that by amplifying the presence of underrepresented groups within WordPress programming, we can contribute to a more diverse, inclusive, and innovative WordPress community with positive ripples throughout the tech sphere.